How to get my GOtv Surname, Username, account details and IUC number without phone number



How to get your GOtv Username/Surname without login or phone number


Hello, did you forget your username, name, surname associated with your GOtv and you no longer have access to your phone number to login for the recovery of your GOtv username or surname, here is a full tutorial on how you can easily get your username to login to your GOtv dashboard.

GOtv is owned and managed by MultiChoice Group, is one of the most popular and most affordable Pay TV services in Africa. Like DStv (also operated by MultiChoice), GOtv makes use of a set-top decoder to broadcast digital channels to customers. All GOtv Decoders have a unique identifier number known as IUC number.

Without your GOtv surname which is your username and the phone number assigned to the GOtv you will lost access to Log In and you can't update your GOtv personal information, activate or reset your GOtv account, check your GOtv balance online, change your GOtv package and check your GOtv due date and also clear errors.

The only method provided by GOtv to retrieve your username or surname or login name is through online process of which you must login with your IUC number and phone number assigned to the GOtv. So how can you do that when you don't or have forgot the phone number associated with your GOtv?

Getting Started

Let's get into the method I will be discussing shortly. Get your IUC number, IUC Number is that 10-digit identifier number which is unique to a particular GOtv account and GOtv decoder. Same way you can’t own the same phone number or bank account number with someone else, evey decoders on the GOtv network have its own IUC numbers.


Hence, the IUC number is also known as the Customer number or Serial number of your GOtv decoder. So if you are asked to provide your GOtv serial number, you should simply provide your IUC number.

IUC Number is not just any number; rather, a very important component of your GOtv decoder and GOtv service at large. 

Method 1:

  1. Click the MENU button on your GOtv remote.
  2. Scroll to ‘Information Central’ and click the OK button on your remote.
  3. Your IUC number should be shown on the screen, at the top-left corner.

Method 2:

If your GOtv is off, and you can access the first method, not to worry just turn the GOtv decoder upside down and you will see your GOtv IUC number like a serial number plated on a red label at the bottom of your GOtv.

GoTv IUC number


Now you have got your IUC number, just head on to your BANK APPLICATION, i used Stanbic IBTC mobile banking application. I believe all bank app have the same function, the trick here is to proceed on subscribing or activating or paying for GOtv subscription using your bank account.

Get your GOtv Surname through mobile banking app

Open you bank app locate ‘Pay Bills’, ‘Bill Payments’ etc. Click on Cable TV or TV cable service or whatever looks like Cable and TV, select GOtv, Click to get access to the funding page where you have to input your IUC number, input phone number (any phone number will work), GoTv  package or bouquet, amount and proceed on paying. 

Hot yo get your GOtv surname through mobile banking app


Before proceeding on inserting your pin to complete payment a confirmation text will pop up to confirm the account you are paying to, just like when you are transferring money to a bank account, the name of the account will quickly display for confirmation. There you go, you can now quickly screenshot it or copy it down for later use. 



You can also use mobile USSD code, ATM or internet banking or just walk-into their center to request for the name. Kindly share this post to a friend to help others easily get their GOtv IUC number and login name/username/surname associated to their GOtv. Please drop a comment below if this worked for you.

31 Comments

  1. The method for getting the username on GOtv does not work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “The only method provided by GOtv to retrieve your username or surname or login name is through online process of which you must login with your IUC number and phone number assigned to the GOtv.”

      Have you tried login into the MyGotv App with your phone number and IUC number?

      Where are you getting errors or having difficulties?

      Delete
  2. I forgot my username and phone number

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you got your GoTV IUC number, which is located at the back of your GoTV Decoder, head up to your banking app > bill payment > choose GoTV > enter your IUC number and your username will popup. You can then login to MYGOTV app with your username and ten you can get your phone number under my details.

      Delete
    2. Visit the link to login > https://selfservice.gotvafrica.com/en-ng/dashboard

      To login, you have to choose your country
      then enter your IUC number located at the back of your Decoder, or information center on your GoTV, then enter your username we got through the above tutorial.

      From there you can locate your phone number associated to your GOTV account.

      Delete
  3. I forgot my username or number ,and i dont have a bank app

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell someone who has a bank app on his/her phone, he/she is not making any payment or subscription for you, he/she is just helping you to verify the username of the IUC number of your Gotv. Another method which you can use is to go to an ATM near you. I have not tried this out but I believe it's the same process.

      Stay tuned for more posts

      Delete
  4. Pls can The same method work in DStv ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make a tut on DSTV shortly

      Delete
    2. I wanted to activate got app but I don't have iuc number what will I do

      Delete
  5. It's not working, I followed all d process but still can't retrieve my details

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please use a banking app with your IUC number and ensure it’s correct, or rather drop your IUC Number here and I get the name for you

      Delete
  6. Just type *288#
    Press 2 for an existing customers
    Input your ICU number and your details will popup.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJuly 06, 2022

    I have tried all that is not working,i have the Gotv app but is demanding for number which i have lost,i recharged it yesterday but is not working

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AnonymousJuly 07, 2022

      You don’t need to have the number to login your gotv app, use your name/surname/username and iuc number to login, this method help you recover the name associated to your account

      Delete
    2. You recharge and it’s not working, after waiting for some time did it work? If it hasn’t consider clearing error via MyGotv app since you lost your number for sms

      Delete
  8. This tutorial teaches you how to get your GoTV IUC number. All GoTV has an IUC number

    ReplyDelete
  9. This tutorial teaches you how to get your GoTV IUC number. All GoTV has an IUC number

    ReplyDelete
  10. pls i am in the office and i want an agent to recharge my gotv but i am not with my iuc and i have tried getting the iuc through online but it is not working please help me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you had follow this thread accordingly, you would have fixed it. You will get it via your bank App or at ATM

      Delete
  11. Please I just want to activate my gotv nd it's asking for my agent I'd which I don't understand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you share the exact text it is asking?

      Delete
  12. I can’t change my go tv name on my app

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think there’s no way to doing that right now, but will look up and revert with an answer shortly

      Delete
  13. Pls how do I get d phone number used for registration on my gotv.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will create a thread about it shortly. Your query is How to change GoTV ownership or How to change Gotv user details to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will make a thread about this shortly. How to get the phone number associated to my Gotv. You can check here for more details: https://www.updatemii.com/2022/07/how-to-check-my-gotv-balance.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. The gotv I recharge yesterday is not still working. I did it with access here is the iuc no: 8060573159. Please the phone no is lost help me and trace it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait for some more time to check again, if it still don't work, on your decoder try to contact them to fix the error you are experiencing or use MyGoTv app to fix errors

      Delete
  17. My Gotv IUC number is showing does not exist.

    What can I do guys? I have tried different things I know, I even chat with the Gotv representative on Twitter, I was totally ignored.

    This is my IUC number 8072037292
    This is my number 09153050330


    Someone help please

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post